The Oculus Go has been out for over three months now and people have been fawning over how powerful, handy, and easy to use it is. It seems that the long awaited Oculus Go has lived up to expectations, which could only mean good things for its future.
If you are like other users who took the Oculus Go into their bedroom nd tried to turn it into a second television, you are in major luck. The Oculus Go can be used to watch movies with a snap of your fingers. Here is how to do it on Windows and Mac!
- Connect your Oculus Go to your computer with the provided USB cable.
- On your console, a notification will appear asking for permission to gain access to your computer. Choose the Allow Access to Data option.
- The Autoplay option should start. Here, you can select the Open Device to view the Files option.
- If Autoplay does not automatically start, you can manually navigate to the file storage on the VR-Headset.
- Open the Internal Shared Storage and the folder called Movies.
- Copy/Paste or Drag & Drop movies into the Oculus Go storage. You can play them from there.
To watch movies on your Oculus Go via a Mac laptop, you will need to download some software.
- Download the File Transfer Tool via Android and install it on your Mac laptop.
- Connect your laptop and your Oculus Go via a USB.
- Install and open the File Transfer Tool.
- On your console, a notification will appear requesting access to your laptop. Select the Allow Access to Data option to establish a connection.
- You should automatically be redirected to a folder called VR-Headset. Inside the folder you should select and open the Movies folder.
- Copy/Paste or Drag & Drop movies into your Oculus Go.
This is all you need to do in order to watch movies on your Oculus Go headset. Enjoy kicking back and watching excellent quality movies on your headset.